I hope your weekend is off to a great start. Mine is going swimmingly, mainly because I got to enjoy the luxury of waking up sans alarm clock this morning. These days it seems rare that I don’t have something to wake up for, so sleeping in was quite the treat.
Speaking of treats… this morning I also whipped up a batch of pumpkin pie roll-ups that I found on My Meals are on Wheels. On that blog the recipe is called “3-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie Roll-Ups,” but I cheated and threw a few more ingredients into mine. Nonetheless, I promise you these are still super easy (and cheap) to make! All you need is a tube of crescent roll dough, a can of pumpkin pie filling, marshmallows and assorted spices. If you like pumpkin pie, definitely try these bad boys out. They’re sweet, buttery, pumpkin-y, and light AF. If you really need something else to sell you on making these, just remember how fun it is to pop open tubes of dough. There, now get off your tush and make these, dang it!
EASY PEASY PUMPKIN PIE ROLL-UPS
Serves: 8 roll-ups (should serve 8, probably serves 2 in reality)
Time: 22-24 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 12-14 minutes bake time)
- 1 tube crescent roll dough (I used ShopRite brand reduced fat dough)
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 bag of standard-size marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Cookie sheet
- Basting brush
- Aluminum foil
- Nonstick spray
- Glass measuring cup
- Small bowl
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Pop open tube of dough (awww yiss) and place one small scoop of pumpkin and one marshmallow at the wide end of each dough triangle. Roll up.
- In glass measuring cup, melt butter in microwave (mine took about 40 seconds).
- In small separate bowl, combine sugar, allspice and ground cinnamon.
- Using basting brush to brush melted butter on top of each roll. Then, sprinkle sugar and spice mix onto each roll.
- Pop into the oven for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Try and eat just one… I mean, enjoy!