I would say, “It’s finally Friday,” but to be honest this week flew for me. No complaints there.
This weekend Lawrence is in Texas visiting his Dad, so I have the apartment to myself. Between the cool photos he’s sending from the NASA Space Center to his plans to consume impeccable barbecue, I am totally jealous I’m not there this time. However we do have plans to hit up Nashville in October for their Oktoberfest, so I will hold out for that.
I always seem to have a list of things I want to achieve each weekend, and this one is no different. Here’s what’s on my roster for this fine weekend…
- Do my nails: It’s been a while since I’ve done any fun nail art, so I’m thinking tonight is the night. I used to do custom nail art allllll the time, but lately I’ve just been applying solid colors to my toes. Time to step it up … and if it turns out somewhat decent, I will post a photo.
- Do volunteer work: I’ve got some blog and email blast volunteer work to do. Time to promote those kitties!
- Go for a long run: I haven’t done many long runs since my half-marathon last fall, but with another half on my radar for this fall, it’s almost training season. I hope to go to the park tomorrow morning and hit the pavement for at least 5 miles.
- Eat lunch with my fam: My half siblings’ mom is in town this weekend (my family is confusing) and we are all super close, so we are going out to lunch and – if I can convince everyone – ice cream, too. I’m hoping it will not take much convincing. We are family, after all.
- Go to the Garden State Cat Club Annual Expo: There will be cats in remote control cars. ‘Nuff said.
- Get a library card: At my last apartment I had a library card and would walk to the library all the time. I miss those moments and want to get back on the library bandwagon. Plus they lend out e-books, which is totally awesome.
- Finish my book: Speaking of reading, I hope to finish reading “Neverwhere” by Neil Gaiman this weekend. I only have about an hour left in the book, so I think this is an obtainable goal … unless I fall asleep while reading, which I always seem to do…
- Hit up the farmer’s market: We are lucky enough to have an awesome farmer’s market right around the corner from our apartment, so I’m going to head there to pick up my groceries for the week.
- Cook: Sunday night I have a vision to make myself some delicious baked chicken legs and roasted potatoes. #treatyoself #sundaycomforts
- …and not cook: I do not have that vision for myself on Saturday night. Saturday night I want to hit up Tastee Sub Shop II, bring my feast back home, plop in front of some trashy television program and enjoy every last carby, meaty, sodium-ridden bite.
- Miscellaneous household chores: Cleaning, laundry, tending the mini garden, trimming some cat claws … you know the drill.
Here’s hoping I get even half of these things done – have a great weekend!