Hello and happy Wednesday!
Today I have for you a recipe for baked whiting which I found on Allrecipes and was quite tasty. Thanks, Allrecipes, you showed me that whiting is delish (it was my first time ever having it).
This is a quick and easy dish to prepare – you just layer the ingredients on the fish, pop it in the oven and enjoy. Simple, healthy and delicious … not a bad combo!
I slightly adapted this recipe by using more seasonings and less butter (I’m trying to lose a few pounds, remember?) I served this with green beans and brown rice, but this would pair nicely with almost any kind of veggie and grain! And don’t forget the white wine…
Serves: 2 (Allrecipes says it serves 4 … but let’s be real we can all eat two fillets each)
Time: 47 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 37 minutes bake time)
- 4 whiting fish fillets
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Salt to taste (I used about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place whiting fillets in a baking dish and add enough milk to cover the entire bottom of the dish.
- Season fillets with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt.
- Top each fillet with tomato. Add butter to each fillet. Squeeze lemon juice over each fillet.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork (for me this took around 37 minutes).