Well, well, well … another brand new year is upon us!
I have to say, 2016 really flew by and it was an amazing year. I embarked on a new journey as a volunteer, blogged regularly (for the most part), kept up-to-date with some housekeeping-type tasks, and freakin’ got engaged (had to save the best part for last).
Just to review, here are the goals I had for myself in 2016 and a note regarding whether or not I met them:
Run a full marathon (Philly!?) and two other races, as well– Well, I ran two 5Ks and trained for another half marathon but the half was supposed to be right after we got engaged and I decided to bypass it in order to save some money.
- Go to yoga classes – Ugh nope. But I want to do this! Maybe I’ll treat myself after the wedding and buy a pass. Until then, I need to save all my funds for the big day.
Work on strength training– I actually did this! Last month I bought some dumbbells and embarked on POPSUGAR’s 21 Day Arm Challenge. I will be posting a review for it once I finish the challenge. Wake up earlier – jog, stretch, meditate in mornings (kiss frantically rushing to work goodbye)– I’m getting semi-better at this. I would say half the time I wake up early to make coffee, meditate and/or run. There is still plenty of room for improvement though 🙂 Go on a road trip to Charleston– Um, even better, we flew to Nashville and got engaged! Visit family in Florida– Done! 🙂 Volunteer (food bank, senior center, animal shelter) and donate to charities– Done! In February 2016 I became the marketing director of a local animal rescue society (the same one where we adopted our little Zoe girly).
- Read at least one book every month – Almost! I read 11 books last year.
Send birthday cards– Done! Continue working on freelancing and blogging– I would say I blogged mostly regularly! Get my car door fixed– No, but to be fair, I did take it for an opinion and was told it’s not worth it to fix. So, whatever, haha. Find new eye doctor and dentist– Done! AND got glasses!
- Find a primary physician and get physicals every year – Oops…
- Carve pumpkins for Halloween – Next year!
Have a Friendsgiving– No, but we attended one if that counts!
- Write down 3 good things that happened each day – Ehhh I did this for a few months but I REALLY need to stick to it this year. I will get started on it tonight 🙂
- Don’t get ahead of myself – take it day by day, moment by moment – Ongoing/in progress!
- Keep an open mind – Ongoing/in progress!
All-in-all, I’d say that 2016 was a success. I definitely met more goals than not! Now on to the good stuff … my goals for 2017!
- Run at least two 5K races
- Go to yoga classes (post-wedding)
- Get some cool color in my hair post-wedding (new last name, new hair?!)
- Continue to strength training
- Continue to wake up early to meditate and/or work out in the mornings
- Visit family in Florida
- Read at least 10 books
- Send birthday cards
- Continue learning how to code
- Find a primary physician and get a physical
- Carve pumpkins for Halloween
- Write down 3 good things that happened each day
- Stay strong and resist mindless spending in order to save up as much as possible for the wedding and honeymoon
- Pay off my car
- Have fun wedding planning but don’t get caught up in the details
- Embrace the wedding day and be as mindful and present as possible
- Have a stress-free, relaxing honeymoon!
- Make a family cookbook
- Get back into drawing
- Don’t get ahead of myself – take it day by day, moment by moment
- Keep an open mind
Here’s to an amazing 2017!